Second Visual Assignment

Chuggin’ along on my visual assignments, here is my second one: the Color Splash. I was a little uncertain as to how I was going to do this until a classmate pointed out that it could be done in Piknik during class – thanks to j-rabbit.info for the tutorial! It was really really easy to do in Piknik, thank goodness. Just convert it to black and white, then use the paint brush mode to repaint the selected area.

I wanted to make sure I had a photo that wasn’t too busy, but had a nice big swatch of color. I settled on this nice candid shot I got of my boyfriend Mike when we took the canoe out on Lake Pend Oreille last summer in Sandpoint, Idaho. My family has a lake house there and we go there every year, it is one of my favorite places in the world.

Color splash

This entry was posted in Assignments, Best Assignments and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Second Visual Assignment

1. Abbie says:

Great gob Christie, its good that you chose to keep the original color of the shirt.

2. Pingback: happiprocity » Visual Assignment Recap

3. Pingback: My Week 4 of ds106 - CogDogBlog

4. Megan says:

Christie this is awesome! As the other two comments noted I like how you chose to emphasize the blue of the shirt rather than the blue of the sky or water. I also like how the color you chose to emphasize is not centered it makes for a cool composition.

5. Alan Levine says:

Great job Christina, I like how you perfectly highlighted the shirt. There is an interesting relationship between its blue color (normally for water) and how the stripes in his shirt are replicas of the waves in the water (and alos great photo for the placement of him on the side of the frame).

6. Rachel Tippett says:

I really like what you have done with this photo. Making his shirt blue directs your eye towards the front and then you realize afterwards the great scenery. The light in this shot is also really nice!

7. Justin says:

You did a great job on this, I love how the blue stands out so much (especially considering it wouldn’t normally – given the whole being surrounded by water situation). I’m glad you found the tutorial helpful. 🙂